Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pink truffles



I made these Oreo truffles for Ruby's 1st birthday (her birthday is on the 25th, but I made some ahead of time)
They are so easy to make and taste so yummie.

You need:
1 bag of Oreos (or the knockoffs) 36 ct
1 Creme cheese 8 oz
1 small bag of chocolate chips
1/2 bag of unsweetened coconut flakes
pink gel food color (optional)

Here is what I did:
1. Separate the white part from the cookies, put in a bowl.
2. Crush the cookies, I used my food processor.
3. Take the white part of cookies that are in the bowl, add creme cheese to it and put it in the microwave for 30 sec.
4. Mix the creme cheese and cookie whites, and add to the cookie crumbs.
5. Mix in well.
6. Sit it in the fridge for 10 minutes and then take a tablespoon full and roll it in a ball.
7. I let them sit in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
8. Melt chocolate and roll the balls in it, then roll them in coconuts. Sit the in a liner and put in the fridge.
9. enjoy!

This amount made 32 truffles.
Cost: $2.06 cookies $1 creme cheese $1.32 chocolate chips $1.47 coconut flakes. = $5.85
App. $6 total (I had food color and liners in hand already)

Worth every little bit of it!

*I colored the coconut flakes by putting them in a freezer bag and adding the food color, then letting Ruby play with it, to mix it good. I gave it another round of shaking and turning and VOILA! pink coconut!


No comments:

Post a Comment